Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day Two as a blogger, Part 1

Wow, I just started last night, and already several people have read my blog, a few have commented, and I have one follower! This is very encouraging. I've had a bit of a rough day food-wise so far, because I was running late this morning and didn't have time to eat at home, or to stop and get breakfast on my way to work, or even to pack a breakfast, and I just really did not feel like eating the instant oatmeal that I keep at my office for just such emergencies. So, along came 10 a.m. and I was STARVING. (Keep in mind that I usually eat breakfast around 7 a.m.) So I took an early lunch break, and went out to get something to eat at the neighboring Whole Foods. Needless to say, my hunger spurred me to buy more than I needed. I even caved in to the urge to buy a chocolate beignet, which is a type of donut. However, when I took a bite out of it, I discovered that the taste was less than fabulous, and so... I threw out the rest! I am very proud of that. I figure I should not waste any calories on eating something that is neither nutritious nor absolutely delicious. So yay for me! But unfortunately I then commenced snacking on other (somewhat better choices) for over an hour. I had some rice crackers with some vegan "chicken" salad, and some herbed popcorn (which is very tasty, and a better choice than chips, but a little too tempting as far as portion control). Still, I should be able to feel like I had a productive day as long as I can stick with some sushi for dinner, and maybe a side salad and some fruit as well... and as long as I can go for a walk after work. OK, better end this now, since I am at work and just taking a very short "mental health break" while things are slow here. Still, my boss may read this, so if you are she, know that I am getting back to work pronto!!

No comments:

Post a Comment